Unlock is supported by a network of Prayer Partners.
They receive an annual prayer letter and pray regularly for Unlock's Council, staff, and all their work.
Register as an Unlock Prayer Partner to receive prayer letters.
Latest Unlock Prayer Guide >>
The next Prayer letter will be issued towards the end of 2018.
Meanwhile there is a list of current prayer needs (below) and answered prayers (on the right).
Current Prayer needs:-
- Sufficient finance for 2020 and beyond
The appointment of good cadidates for the worker vacancies in Treeton, Rotherham and at Town End Farm in Sunderland.
The development of our partnerships with the Bible Society and the Estates Evangelism Group.
- The work that Sharon is developing in Cardiff with Caru and TAVS
- New finance to allow us to establish more Unlock Local partership projects in new locations.
- Siggy's ongoing drawing work in Woodhouse, Sheffield
- A turn around in London walk income - declining since 2014.
- The touring of the 'Bible Women' cartoons that they may generate good conversations and questions.
- Lynette’s small group of ladies as she finishes as a worker in autumn 2019 - that the group will continue to meet and support one another in Hastings.
- Explorations towards new Unlock Local Partnership Projects in new locations.
- Unlock Discipleship Development workers, Lynette in Hastings, Siggy Parratt-Halbert in Woodhouse Sheffield, Sharon Jenkins in Cardiff.
- For Kevin and Jenny who staff the Unlock National office
- Unlock Birmingham; Queen's Foundation partnership and the Methodist Deacons in training with whom we are working
- Saltley Trust partnership and our planned work in Birmingham with a
particular emphasis on the use of social media.
Finding the right person for the paid role.
- The walk planning team, and National Office staff as they prepare for
the 2020 walk in Tower Hamlets.
- The churches that will be open on the walk route in 2020.
- Improved walker turnout and walk income in 2020.
- Crossrail to be completed without further delays to enable us to have our postponed walk in that area in 2023.
- More Unlock supporters using e-mail and internet to help us keep our costs down.
- The legacy of Unlock's work in Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Burnley, Benwell, Byker & Walker, and Liverpool.
- Independent groups using Unlock resources across the UK.
- Emerging indigenous leaders released and resourced by Unlock's approach.
- Opportunities to provide Unlock Training.
- Unlock Local Support Group Co-ordinators; Phil Medley and Stephen Herbert, (Newcastle), Jen Bradshaw Chanatall Noppen, and Steve Elstob (Sunderland) Bill & Joy Bullin (Hastings), Debora Marschner (Sheffield), Andy Dorton (Hull), Bex and Rachel in Cardiff.
- Facilitating local partnerships that generate tangible and robust legacies.
- Preparations for the next Unlock National Gathering for Unlock workers, Council members & Unlock
Local Teams in the autumn of 2019.
- Follow-up from our strategic review in 2017 pursuing
the vision of Unlock as a “tacking yacht”.
2018 walk income of £25,589.
Making it through the tough years following the 2008 recession.
Unlocking real life stories of urban people, Revealing Good News of the down to earth Christ and Releasing life changing skills and confidence since 1972.
Unlock workers Sharon Jenkins in Cardiff, Lynette in Hastings, Siggy Parratt-Halbert in Woodhouse Sheffield.
The churches in Merton, Morden and Wilbledon which supported Unlock by being open and welcoming walkers for the 2019 Unlock London Walk.
The churches in Tower Hamlets who are preparing to welcome Unlock London walkers in April 2020.
Consistent & generous financial support from faithful personal donors and churches - in spite of these uncertain times.
Financial support from the Bible Society, Trust Greenbelt, St Peter's Saltley Trust, Church Urban Fund,the Spring Harvest Charitable Trust, the Anchor Foundation, the Slavanka Trust, Rebecca Hussey Book Charity, the Cadman Charitable Trust, the SMB Charitable Trust, Kingsley Trust.
Ongoing partnerships with The Bible Society, Estates Evangelism Group, Church Army, UTU, National Estate Churches Network, The Queen's Foundation, the Saltley Trust.
The impact of Unlock in Bristol, Liverpool, Sunderland, Hull, Sheffield, Burnley, Benwell, Byker & Walker, and Birmingham.
Unlock Local Teams in Sunderland, Cardiff, Hastings, Newcastle, Hull, Sheffield and Birmingham.
New Unlock resources for website.
The necessary resources to pursue networking oportunities and develop mutually beneficial relationships/partnerships with other urban mission agencies.